Saturday, September 19, 2009

No creative title.. sorry :)

Well, I've officially made it through a week of class! It went soo fast. I can't believe it even. I'm slowly started to figure things out and kind of get used to how things work. Some things that I figure out are just plain frustrating though!! For example, I desperately need to do laundry... but you have to have a credit card or some type of card with a chip in it to put money on. Right. Don't have one. I'm officially going to be the stinky kid ;) Just kidding!!! Apparently, once I get my student ID activated I'll be able to put money on it. But I would really have liked to do laundry like TODAY. I broke down and did a few things in the sink because I have no other choice! I'm not sure if there are any laundromats around here or not but my google search for it was just confusing!

A few of us tried to go out to the bars last night. I'm not sure it was all that successful. Amy, Sam, and I went over to UniWirt, the cafe/bar right next door for a few drinks then met some of the other students in town. There's a guy here that's been at Klagenfurt for three years now, so he thinks he's incredible, basically. He was telling us where to go, what to do.. one of his friends from Austria went to a waitress at this little crappy dive-bar and said in German (as if none of us would be able to understand) that she was bringing a group of new students and that they probably couldn't speak German, just English. Then she turned around and told us "Go sit over there," because we obviously aren't intelligent enough to decide to sit or stand! I wanted to scream. I'm sure if I were telling this story to my family in person, Erin would be making a comment about me talking back.. but I didn't... Well, not to her. And it was way to loud in the room for her to hear anything I may have said :) Hahaha.. She was rude though. Very, very rude the entire time!

Amy, Sam, and I kind of decided that next time we'd just rather have drinks at the dorm or something. At a few of the places, our drinks were over 7 euro a piece! That's just outrageous. Definitely can't afford to do that. And everywhere is soo smoky! All of my clothes reek (and I can't wash them yet!!) so that's not going to work out. At all.

Well, here are some pictures of the lake, the little party on Tuesday night, and the museum we went to yesterday.



3 comments:

  1. I like the theatre and the old books! Sweet. Who's the guy putting the "moves" on you in the group pic? lol. Looks like fun. Hope you figure out the laundry situation soon, we don't want you being "the smelly kid in class" (ahh, Big Daddy...) Miss you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. That's Antonio, he's from Spain. Just a lover, I guess.. who knows really, though.. It's Europe! J/k :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy! Well, you've finished your first week of school (almost the second too!) and your first weekend. You're practically an old pro now at finding your way around! I sure hope you've been able to do your laundry....ick. : ) Keep the pictures coming, I'm living vicariously through you! Love you, Karen

    ReplyDelete