Thursday, September 3, 2009

Headin' out!

I'm sitting at the Charlotte Airport... the beginning of my five hour layover here. How exciting! HA! I thought I'd take the chance to pull the rest of my "going away" pictures off my camera and post 'em on here.... but it's being funky, so... hopefully my sis will be sending me some that she has on her computer (Thanks, E!) and then I can post all of them at once...

The last few days have been rough.. saying bye to people, even for only a few days or weeks, is not something I'm generally good at, so leaving my family and friends for 4.5 months is tough! But I know that it's going to be so worth it!! I am more excited than I can express in words! Before my next post, I will have flown across the Atlantic Ocean (by myself!!), arrived in a totally foreign, but amazing, exciting, beautiful, and historic country(!!!), and, last but by no means least at all, reacquainted with an amazing friend I haven't seen since 2003! If I don't start falling asleep without Tylenol PM after this, I'm helpless!!!!!

I love and miss you all (I know.. already!)... keep me updated about your lives and I cannot WAIT to share about my (suddenly) very exciting life!!!



3 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm glad to have a way to read about your adventures! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy - we are so glad you made it. It was fun to hear your excitement on the phone when you and Katharina found each other at the airport! Hope you two are having fun catching up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Amy!!! I'll try to get the pics of my camera this weekend for you. Have fun with Katharina and update this thing already!

    ReplyDelete